Take note this is not the kind of brownie that has a crispy glaze on its top. That requires a different recipe which generally involves melting baking chocolate. I this because of the lower sugar content . The family loves it just as much as the super sweet glazed option.
*Add 1/2 tsp bi carb powder plus 1/2 tsp baking powder if you prefer a less dense, cake consistency.
**top with an easy chocolate glaze. Click here for more recipes
1.Pre heat oven to 160 degrees C and line a medium (22cmx22cm) square baking dish with baking paper. I use a 20cm round for the cake version.
2. Sift the cocoa into a medium bowl. Melt the butter over low heat. When the butter is melted add to the cocoa in a steady stream, stirring with a metal fork as you go. Continue to whisk until smooth
3. Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence together. Add to the cocoa mixture in a steady stream, whisking with the fork as you go, until smooth.
4. Stir through the caster sugar until well combined.
5. Sift the flour (and baking powder + bicarb for cake ) and very gently fold in evenly and until just combined.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until firm to touch. Allow to cool in the tray before cutting and serving.